Our secure payment methods
Payment by credit card
Visa, Master Card, American Express, e-Carte Bleue, Maestro, Visa Electron.
Payment by bank card in 2, 3 or 4 instalments free of charge with Alma
For all purchases over €50 and up to €3,000, you also have the option of paying for your order in 2, 3 or 4 instalments free of charge with Alma. When you confirm your order, our partner Alma will offer you the option of paying for your order over 2, 3 or 4 months. If you wish to subscribe to this service, your details will then be sent to Alma who, subject to acceptance of your application, will provide you with a payment schedule summarising the amount of the various monthly instalments.
Alma is available in the following countries France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria and Ireland.
For more information about Alma: https://almapay.com/fr-FR/clients
Payment by Paypal
You can choose to pay for your purchases via the Paypal system, either through your Paypal account or directly by credit card without needing to create an account.
Payment by Paypal in 4 instalments
Paypal payment in 4 instalments is available, subject to acceptance, for purchases of between €30 and €2,000. Only for individuals residing in France (French PayPal account required).
Payment by bank transfer
You can pay for your order by bank transfer directly into our Banque Populaire account. The order will be validated and processed as soon as payment is received. All the details for the transfer will be given to you at step 4 of your order by choosing the "Pay by bank transfer" option.
Payment by cheque
You can pay for your order by cheque. As with payment by bank transfer, the order will be validated and processed as soon as payment is received.
Credit card payments are made using Banque Populaire's Cyberplus Paiement tool, which uses SYSTEMPAY's e-commerce payment platform, on which all payment information is encrypted (SSL).
When you enter your bank details, you are directly connected to the Banque Populaire payment server. La Coutellerie de Laguiole therefore does not know your bank card number and it is not stored on its server.
In addition, all information exchanged with the Banque Populaire is encrypted using SSL protocol and cannot be intercepted or modified.
With Cyberplus Paiement, you can be sure that the merchant you are dealing with is registered with Banque Populaire to accept Internet transactions.
At the end of the transaction, and before returning to the merchant's site, Cyberplus Paiement presents you with an electronic ticket, showing all the details of the payment and the result of the bank authorisation request (transaction accepted or cancelled).
For more information, visit the website: http://www.cyberpluspaiement.com
The different steps in secured online credit card payments.
- At each payment request, the buyer switches from the Coutellerie de Laguiole server to the CyberPlus payment server, connected to the banking world.
- The buyer arrives on an SSL encrypted payment page,
- Enter the card number and request authorisation. The link between the buyer and the Banque Populaire's CyberPlus server is established using HTTPS, a secure protocol with SSL, which encrypts all information exchanged. This protection protects data sent via the Internet and guarantees the purchaser that his/her bank card number cannot be intercepted in clear text by a third party during its transfer to the Banque Populaire's secure server.
- The bank's authorisation centre returns an authorisation number or a refusal. If the payment is accepted, the CyberPlus system performs the following operations:
- displays payment confirmation on the buyer's screen
- confirmation of payment is sent by e-mail to the Coutellerie de Laguiole
- the card number is NEVER sent back to the Coutellerie de Laguiole.
- At the end of the payment process, the buyer is redirected to the Coutellerie de Laguiole website where they can resume their visit and review their order.
Payment on this site is secured using the 3D Secure protocol.
Your bank will ask you to authenticate yourself to check that it is indeed the cardholder who is making the payment. This identification has nothing to do with the secret code or the visual cryptogram printed on the back of the card.
The information to be entered differs from bank to bank:
- HSBC, Banque Postale, Axa Banque and Caisse d'Epargne: date of birth
- BNP Paribas, Société Générale: code sent by text message
- Crédit Agricole, LCL: personal password, created on first use
- BRED, Banque Populaire: Ipab authentication key, credit card format CD.
- Groupama Banque: name, postcode and date of birth.
The pictograms displayed on your browser guarantee that the transaction is encrypted, for example :